Committee for Protection of Jewish Heritage in Tarnów
Committee for Protection of Jewish Heritage in Tarnów has existed since 1988. It is affiliated with the Regional Museum in Tarnów.
The Committee has no employees and relies solely on dedicated volunteers. Currently, the chairman and a dedicated assistant work in Tarnow organizing most of the activities of the Committee.
For specific activities, such as the Memorial Days of Galician Jews (also known as Galicjaner Shtetl Days) as well as projects of restoration in the cemetery and other works of remembrance, additional stakeholders help with the Committee’s activities.
The supporters of the activities of the Committee come from around the world. Their point of contact often is the Jewish Tarnow Facebook group. We invite all interested in Jewish history and Tarnow to join the group.
Fields of activities
– Science, culture, ecology.
– Culture, art, protection of cultural and national heritage.
– Protection of historical monuments, heritage.
– Identity, national tradition.
– supporting and promoting national tradition, cultivating the national consciousness, civic and cultural.